Sunday 19 July 2009

Giving, Making and Creating.

Yesterday I tried my hand at making some money at a nearly new clothes sale over in Binfield. What a waste of time that was! It was fun doing it with my friend, but really hardly anyone turned up. So glad I did not pay to do that.
Today had GX Church picnic, nice to see old faces and meet the new minister. Long haired with guitar rather hippy like but cheerful enough. He looks quite radical, but sounds like what the church needs.
In the week I gave a bit of stuff away on Freecycle, I felt so good doing it seeing the joy on the peoples faces. That was satisfying.
I experienced Parchment in the craft class which was quite challenging as sitting down for 2 hours and concentrating on something rarely happens. Also drawing is something I have not done since school. After 2 hours it is still work in progress!!!!!!
Friday there was a fancy dress party (Noahs Ark theme) at the playgroup, so I decided to take V out of nursery and send her and S to it with "I" as it was his day off and I thought it would be great bonding time. I made my children into bees. V wore an old outfit of mine, a black and yellow chiffon skirt with ruffles, and halter neck top. I managed to borrow a roll of hazard tape from the local charity shop and cut out black bits to stick onto the skirt to create the bees stripes. S wore black trousers, and the yellow bits formed stripes on that, and the black membrane from the garden was his top and I transformed that also.
I really enjoy projects like this.
Whilst the kids were busy with Daddy I was at an ASD meeting learning how to make a visual timetable, so created one of those also. It was definitely worth my while going.
I tried my hand at making some money through advertising the pushchair and highchair but no joy as yet. My friend and I have decided to do a couple of car boots this year to try and get rid of these things. I guess people don't have a great deal of money at the mo so getting shot of stuff quickly is hard unless you give it all away.
I am enjoying my creativity this week, but am conscious that I want to start making money seeing as last week I made a small amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment